Saturday, February 28, 2009

In which I have a birthday...oh, and finish some gloves

I've been quite remiss in updating my blog of late. Things have been very busy both at work and socially and I must confess when I get home I just didn't feel like writing! So there is lots to catch up on.

Firstly - I finished my Strawberries n Cream Gloves!

Strawberries and Cream gloves

I am really really pleased with them, they are both the most complicated and most elegant project I have completed yet. Cabling wasn't too hard once I got the hang of it, and the wool (Knitting by Zen 100% alpaca) was just gorgeous to work with. Seaming them up was a nightmare - matching moss stitch to stockinette is not easy. The recipient seemed quite pleased,
I hope she does enjoy wearing them.

Secondly - I got older!

Happy Birthday

Not that I'm a particular fan of getting older, but at least there are some compensations - such as:

Knitpicks Harmony Interchangables
Knitting Needle Roll
Knitting Needle Roll

The needles were a combined present from my mother and brother (Harmony tips, yayayayay!). The needle roll was made by my talented mother-in-law, I LOVE the knitting chickens on it. I also got a snuggly dressing gown and the DVD set "Long Way Round" in which Ewan MacGregor and Charlie Boorman motorbike around the world. Great stuff.

I also picked up a couple of beautiful hairclips with the last of my money - here's one:
Dragonfly Clip

That little clip holds all my hair - IF I manage to put it in right, which is a bit of an art. But I'm getting there.

So there you go, the last couple of weeks all in one rush!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com